At Elder Care Consultants of Boston we begin our process with a comprehensive initial consultation. A Senior Dementia Care Advisor meets with the client to perform a clinical assessment. This assessment involves reviewing the following:
- Medical issues and medication management
- Cognitive and emotional well being
- Mobility and safety awareness
- Family and social support network
- Advance directives documents such as health care proxy and power of attorney
We may contact the client’s primary care physician and other health care providers for input to determine the client’s overall level of function.
Our professional team then develops an individualized care plan to utilize the client’s unique strengths to compensate for their unique challenges.